zotero failing to sync error 1556662212

1556662212 error code. Having issues with syncing. I have signed in etc, tried to sync 5 or 6 times but keep getting this error. could it be my pop-up blocker?
  • Restart your computer and try again. If you still get the error, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces it.
  • Nope, still an error. Debug ID 503615944808174014
  • edited November 23, 2011
    I don't know what that number is, but it's not a Debug ID. Follow the instructions I provided.
  • sorry wrong clipboard. try D974840270
  • That just shows a successful sync with no changed data and no errors.
  • sigh. okay try again. D462461025
  • Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.
    This is a message from Amazon, which underlies Zotero File Storage. We've been seeing a lot of this lately, but I'm not sure why—it could be something on your system or a change in recent Firefox versions. In any case, it's harmless on its own. Just keep syncing, and it should finish eventually. You can follow file sync progress by hovering over the blue progress bar.

But try disabling all your other Firefox extensions to see if that fixes the problem.
  • Ok, thanks! I already tried disabling the extensions so its not that. Will keep trying.
  • No idea if it will help, but you can try going to about:config in the Firefox address bar, changing extensions.zotero.sync.storage.maxUploads to, say, 2 instead of 4, restarting Firefox, and syncing again.
  • You might also just be on a slow network connection, and Amazon might have reduced the timeout. In a future version we'll probably just retry errors like this silently.
  • That seems to have worked - its slow, but still moving! more thanks.