Open Office Plug-in Not Working

I'm using a Mac with OS X 10.6.7, Firefox 3.6.16, and just upgraded to OpenOffice plug-in 3.5a1. I also have a Zotero 2.1.1 plug-in. After the upgrade, I became unable to insert citations into any document. I get this error message:

'[JavaScript Error: "_lastDataListener is undefined" {file: "file:///Users/Jim/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/vsy6l0uy.default/extensions/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration.js" line: 194}]' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationApplication::getActiveDocument]

Can somebody help me fix this? I'm in big trouble right now-- can't work at all.

Thanks.
  • edited March 27, 2011
    I had this as well. In my case, the ownership of the hidden directory ~/.openoffice.org was root:root (you can check from a terminal with the command "ls -ld ~/.openoffice.org"). Changing the permissions of the entire directory recursively to myself seemed to clear it and get the plugin working happily; I haven't seen the error since.
  • Thanks. I'm just not savvy enough to "change the entire directory recursively to myself." I have no clue what that means.
  • edited March 27, 2011
    If you can open a terminal, type "ls -ld ~/.openoffice.org" (without the quotes), hit enter, and see what the result is. With that information, we'll know if your problem is the same as mine.
  • I see what you mean, but you know what? In the meantime, I upgraded to OpenOffice 3.3 and reinstalled the OpenOffice plug-in in Firefox and voila! The plug-in is back and working. I'm the kind of person who likes to know why things happen, I'm baffled. I did try to reinstall the plug-in in the old version of OpenOffice, but that was a failure. Maybe the old version got broken somehow. In any event, thank you so much for trying to help.
  • In my case, the problem with the OpenOffice Plugin for Zotero 2.1, Version 3.5a1 was not to solve!

Windows XP, Firefox 3.6.16, Open Office 3.2.1 or 3.3, Zotero for Mozilla 2.1

I changed the OpenOffice path manually, I checked the position of the Zotero_OpenOffice_Integration.oxt file (which was correct), I installed OpenOffice 3.3 - nothing worked. This newly added installation process is still buggy.

Now I installed the older OpenOffice plugin with OO3.3:

OpenOffice Plugin for Zotero 2.1, Version 3.1b1

and everything works fine again!

P.S.: I use Zotero since ca. one month and it is really great!!!