Plugin Crashing Firefox

Firefox 3.5.7
windows XP
Openoffice 3.1.1

Clean install of Zotero 2.0b7.6
Openoffice 3.0b5
Word 3.0b3

Install order Zotero, Word, then openoffice plugin. First two work fine.
Openoffice hangs on adding extension to Openoffice then crashes.
Restart I can get into Add-ons and check paths and then reinstall openoffice components. It claims that it has installed fine. Then if I start up Openoffice the toolbar is present but if I insert a citation, firefox ends instantaneously. I enabled debugging after restart, but there's nothing there. I've never seen firefox end that quickly. . ..

Uninstalled everything, reinstalled. same problem
  • If Firefox is indeed crashing, check about:crashes (in the Firefox address bar) to see if there's a crash log. If so, click through to generate a report on the Mozilla site and either post the URL here or e-mail it to support@zot....org with a link to this thread.
  • Nothing under about:crashes.
  • Did you find the source of the problem.
    I had the same problem (firefox 3.6, zotero 2.1.1, word plugin for windows 3.1b1). Everything worked fine for a while then one day, as soon as I click on one of the toolbar button in word, firefox crashes. It produced a crash report (https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0963284f-1fe0-4bcc-9a94-8c8b12110325)
    can someone help
  • Does this happen in a new document? What version of Word are you running?
  • i am using MS office XP (2002), i tried in an ongoing document and in a new blank document. I have reinstalled the plugin, but nothing seems to work. Although I dragged a zotero entry in the word document and it produced a bibliography output formatted correctly.
  • Can you try installing the WinWord Integration Trunk XPI and see if it fixes things? Also, if that doesn't work, can you see whether there's a difference in Firefox 4?
  • It works partially with the trunk, I see some zotero code in { } in the word document when I add a citation or bibliography and when I switch to print preview, it shows citation and bibliography correctly. I don't have administrator controls over the computer to install firefox 4, but I'll try to have it installed as soon as possible.
  • When I copy the codes that appears in the word document into another program (I tried with notepad and into the "add your comments" box of this forum and the citation and bibliography are formated correctly:
    exemple of the code copied from word:
    (Minns et Moore 2003)

Minns, C.K. et Moore, J.E. 2003. Assessment of net change of productive capacity of fish habitats: the role of uncertainty and complexity in decision making. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic sciences, 60, 100-116.
  • The code problem was only a word option problem. So the trunk plugin seems to solve the problem completely.

Thank you