zotero 2.1 quick locale switcher

Hi,

I used to change the output language for zotero with quick locale switcher. After upgrading to zotero 2.1 this feature no longer seems to work (quick locale switcher still works of course but zotero citations in open office are not affected any more). Any ideas?
  • have you contacted the developer of the locale switcher?
  • No I haven't --- but I don't think that the developer would be much of help since the locale switcher is only a workaround to change zotero language --- it is a tool to change the prefered language of firefox (and this works fine, unfortunately it just doesn't seem to change the zotero language any more....)

Is there any other way to adjust zotero's output language?
  • I think the locale's might just not exist for the beta version yet - but not sure about that.
    Otherwise, have you checked the hidden preference setting?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/hidden_prefs
  • I just changed the settings in extensions.zotero.export.bibliographyLocale to de-DE. Unfortunately that didn't help either. Thanks for the quick response! Any other idea?
  • yeah - that probably means that the locale's don't exist yet for the beta.
  • Sad... ... I guess, I have to wait for the next beta or stable release then... ---- maybe a note on the download page would be good since this probably concerns a rather large portion of the zotero users...

Thanks for your help!
  • The locales do exist, but there's an issue with German and the Quick Locale Switcher—something to do with the de-AT and de-CH locales, though I'm not sure what else Quick Locale Switcher changes other than the usual general.useragent.locale pref. We've just removed those locales since the first beta, but you might be able to fix it by going to the extensions/zotero@chnm.gmu.edu directory within your Firefox profile directory, opening chrome.manifest in a text editor, removing the de-AT and de-CH lines, resaving the file, and restarting Firefox.
  • Thanks Dan! I tried your suggestion but it didn't work either...
  • With Zotero 2.1/CSL 1.0, localization of the bibliography output might be prevented if the style uses a default-locale: http://citationstyles.org/downloads/upgrade-notes.html#default-locale

Which style are you using?
  • I am using American Psychological Association 6th Edition - it used to work perfectly fine with this style...
  • That style doesn't use default-locale, so that's not the problem.
  • Yap. Meanwhile, I have also tried out various other styles. Same issue everywhere. Also, switching to any other language using Quick Locale Switcher doesn't change anything. The citation output remains in English....