Notes always in the front

A function to nail the notes window on the front of the desktop would be fine. Often I want to read and write down notes at the same time and if I have to scroll the document pages it is inconvenient to switch between notes window and browser tab every time.
  • As far as I know there's no way we can do this from within Firefox. On OS X you can do this with WindowShade X (though it doesn't yet work with Leopard). I imagine there's a similar program for Windows.
  • I might not understand what you are trying to do, but if the notes window disappears when you click on another window, could you resize both windows so that they are both have their own real estate?

Or, do what I do...2 monitors!
  • What a nice solution. 200 Euros for a second Monitor just to prevent selfswitching windows. You are joking. ;-) On my 19" display resizing windows to stay next to another isn't convenient. I will try the software solution.
  • As far as I know there's no way we can do this from within Firefox.
    That's probably true generally. I don't think there's a cross-platform way to set window z-Level. On Winodws versions of firefox, I believe that the alwaysRaised window attribute is still available.
  • OK, yeah, alwaysRaised appears to work on Windows. I've tried it before and seem to remember it not working, but that might have been only on OS X.