OpenOffice integration not working

I am having problems with OpenOffice (version: 3.2.1). When I try to install the zotero plugin for openoffice, it returns the error "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox".
I've repeated the procedure several times after making sure that the openoffice feature of starting when the computer initializes was disabled. I have also uninstalled both the plugin and zotero, but it keeps failing installation.
I thank you all for any help, best
Theolis
  • edited July 13, 2010
    P.S. Microsoft word plugin works perfectly (Office 2007). I'm working with Windows XP 5.1.2600
  • Solution
    Opening the Tools-Add-ons-extensions window in Firefox, click on "options" and re-define the directories (Java UNO runtime director to local disk/Program files/OpenOffice and soffice executable directory to local disk/Program files/OpenOffice/program).
    Start OpenOffice, if Zotero's tools bar does not appear go back to Firefox, open Tools-Add-ons-extensions window and click on re-install OpenOffice.org components.

The procedure will also work with BrOffice.