Errors when inserting citation into OpenOffice

Not sure what happened, but I am now unable to insert citations into my open office doc (I have been using it all day without any problems). There's a Java NullPointerException error, which I've saved the screen shots for. I don't know how to fix it, and have deleted a couple of my most recent Zotero entries, but they error still appears. I can't currently add a bibliography or use any of the integration features. I can e-mail the screen shots, if that will help.

Thanks,
Emma
  • I've just run the error reporting tool in Zotero. Details are here:

[JavaScript Error: "fields is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 396}]

www.zotero.org : potentially vulnerable to CVE-2009-3555

[JavaScript Error: "fields is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js" line: 396}]

The report number is 1001980484.
  • Hmm. Just found another thread about a similar issue (http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents) and found that copying the text into a new document has fixed the issue! It would still be good for it not to have happened though!

Thanks!
  • Hi All,

I have a problem: can't add citiation in OpenOffice. When I click on "Insert citiation" then a message pops up saying "an error occured during running the BASIC program. File can't be found." And a macro window opens and this line is highlighted:

Shell "bash -c ""echo 'OpenOffice " & cmd & "' > '" & path$ & "'"""

I use:
    Zotero 2.0.3
    OpenOffice plugin 3.0a8.
    Mac OS 10.6.3.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; hu; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6
    Java Embedding Plugin 0.9.7.2, updated 1.6.0.20

Could you please help me? What other information would you need?

Thank you
    Mark
  • Mark - open a new thread, please.
    Post the same info & if this is true for a fresh document, if the plugin has worked for you before and if you have tried re=installing the plugin.