Referencelist/bibliography in wrong format

The referencelist/bibliography is in the wrong format when creating in vancouver style citations. The list is in this format, where the bullets/numbers aren't correctly tabulated and the text/rest of the source continues without tabulation - aka. not a correct bulletpoint.

Ex.
1. Source...... and to on and so forth..........
and continues like this.
2. ...

Can anyone help?
  • What document editor are you using? Does it fix itself if you change the citation style to some different one and change it back?
  • I'm using Microsoft WORD. And I have tried changing to another citation style and change the style of the bibliography typography in the document... It did not fix it
  • I have to use vancouver for my education
  • Does it work in a fresh test document?
  • I occurs in multiple different documents, that I have created
  • What is the full version number of Word that you are running?

For Windows: Open a Word document, choose File from the top left corner, and then click either Account or Help in the left nav bar. You’ll see your Office version and information under Product information, on the right side of the window.

For MacOS: In the menubar select Word -> About Microsoft Word
  • Version 16.90
  • Submit a Report ID from Zotero.
  • Is it this 509254737?
  • Could you take a screenshot of what it looks like in a new document?
  • Just to be clear -- you are using the Zotero Word add-on (i.e. the Add/Edit Bibliography button) to create these bibliographies, right?
  • It seems to not happen in every document. Maybe it is centeres around shared documents (OneDrive shared word documents opened in the desktop app)
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u10851403/szlbs8j8vz4j34r70xgk.png
  • Yes, I use the Zotero Word add-on and the button, that you named
  • Are you using a custom template for this document, perhaps with some macros for custom formatting? Can you reproduce this in a new blank Word document where you insert a few citations and a bibliography?
  • I can't seem to reproduce it on command... I don't know if it has anything to do with larger documents or if it is when multiple people have edited the document... I have tried it multiple times in shared documents (can't seem to remember if it has happend in my own local documents)
  • So to explain, Zotero modifies the Bibliography Word formatting style when you choose/change the citation style in the Document Preferences dialog. The Bibliography style is then applied to the bibliography inserted by Zotero. Any other process, be it a Word macro or a collaborator who modifies the Bibliography style in Word will change how it looks. You can manually change the Bibliography style in Word to match the Vancouver requirements or change the Citation style to another one and change it back with the Zotero plugin. Ultimately the Bibliography style settings in Word will decide how the bibliography looks.