Error transferring from Google doc to MS Word docx

Hi, I have a Google doc with Zotero citations, all seeming fine. I follow the instructions to convert to Word:
- Make a copy
- Switch Word Processors...
- Download as Word
The Word docx comes up with ZOTERO_TRANSFER_DOCUMENT as the first line
- Zotero [Refresh]
- [Restore Citations]
- I immediately get an error "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?" The troubleshooting instructions do not seem to address my situation.
I am running the latest Zotero 7.0.7 64-bit on Windows and using Word.

I see this error message:
[JavaScript Error: "Object has been deleted. [importDocument:y:\zotero\word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]

appName => Zotero, version => 7.0.7 (x64), os => Windows 11 22631, locale => en-US, extensions =>

Report ID: 1622779310
  • Can you insert a citation in a completely new Word document with Zotero?
  • Yes, no problem there. Just verified by opening a fresh Word docx and inserting a citation and then a bibliography. It all worked.

I suppose one detail that I forgot to mention: the original document was written and citations created in MS Word. Then I switched word processors to Google doc using the usual protocol and that worked fine in Google docs. Coauthors provided all their input and editing. I then did "Switch word processors" again in Google doc, and that seemed to work fine. But the problem now appears trying to import the transfer document back to MS Word for final finishing.
  • Could you follow the last step of the troubleshooting steps (either in Word, or in Google if it's too complicated in the transfer format in Word) and try to find a minimal reproducible case, then share it with support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • @ewdeutsch There are unresolved tracked review changes in the document. You should resolve those first either in Google Docs or in Word after which the document conversion will work fine.