ZBib error on iPads using ISBN

Using ZBib on iPad returns an error when trying to add using ISBN. It seems to be an error in actually displaying the citation, because if you close out the error and try again it asks if you want to add a duplicate citation. Either way, you still can't see anything aside from a spinning throbber wheel. This is happening on both Safari and Chrome. The same ISBN's work fine when using my laptop, but not for my students when they try to do it on their iPad. It seems like maybe there is something in the browser app that is blocking Zbib from working, but I'm not sure what setting it is.
  • When you reload the page after this happens, though, does the citation exist in the list?

Can you provide exact Steps to Reproduce (including exactly wherever you're copying from)?
  • 1. Open Chrome or Safari on iOS 17.6.1
    2. Navigate to zbib.org
    3. Enter any ISBN number into the text box. (In this case, let's try David Yoon's "Super Fake Love Song" ISBN: 9781984812230
    4. Press "cite". Zbib displays a red error bar at the top that say "An error occurred while citing this source."
    5. Clicking the "cite" button again will show "New item..." in blue text where my citation should appear, but the citation never appears and there is a spinner wheel in the ISBN entry field next to the cite button, which now says "Cancel."