Move item to Trash confirmation

Is there a way to disable the alert box that asks "Are you sure you want to move this item to the trash?" I'm cleaning up a library and I'd love the option to turn off this, and some other notifications, in preferences.
  • While this probably wouldn't happen to you, but I can foresee the outcries of someone who sets that preference then forgets to change it back; or if they inadvertently set it, then accidently deleted something and wasn't warned.

What if you just moved said items to a "To Delete" collection (or tagged them "To Delete"), then when you are finished 'Select All," right-click, then "Send item to trash"?

• You can just use a modifier key (Cmd on macOS, Shift on Windows/Linux) and Backspace/Delete to bypass the confirmation prompt.
  • I'm on macOS. Using the modifier keys did not work.
  • edited yesterday at 11:02pm
    It definitely works.

To be clear, Cmd-Delete will skip the confirmation prompt for moving to the trash in the library root. In a collection, Cmd changes the action of Delete from "Remove Item from Collection" to "Move Item to Trash", but the latter will still show a confirmation prompt.
  • In Zotero 7.06 Cmd-Delete works once or twice just after I start the program, and then doesn't work any longer.