Remove all locally stored PDFs (if they are available in the web library)

Is there a way to remove all local copies of all PDFs, that have been stored in the web library (through Zotero sync) ?

I understand this option is available on iOS, in Settings -> Local Storage -> Delete All Local Attachment Files.

But I don't find an analogous option on the Desktop application (specifically, Mac).

Thanks
  • A feature to let you choose how long to keep local copies of uploaded files in order to save disk space is coming in a future version.

For now, if you're positive everything has been uploaded, you can just search for PDFs within your Zotero data directory and delete them.
  • edited January 12, 2024
    > A feature to let you choose how long to keep local copies of uploaded files in order to save disk space is coming in a future version.

That will be a nice feature, thanks. It will come in Zotero 7?

Thanks.
  • edited January 21, 2024
    @dstillman: if I want to remove all Zotero PDFs and redownload them as needed, can I delete all folders in “storage” folder, or will that cause problems? FYI, I am using Zotero storage to back up/sync files.
  • @carson.matt: No, you should do what I say above.
  • @dstillman, is the feature to choose how long to keep local copies of uploaded files to save disk space out yet?
  • May I ask for some clarification? The usecase that I have in mind is a library including full pdf files of 100K+ items. The library is maintained over the years (mainly by addition of new items) from at least 10 different computers, and there is read access (including the pdf attachments) from many more computers. It is desired to have the library in the Zotero storage cloud without local copies, although some unobtrusive local caching would be fine.
    So what would be the recommended workflow, especially for the person or persons that have edit rights?
    I am particularly worried about a local delete that was only meant to be local being propagated throughout the cloud via the sync mechanism.