Zotero 7.03 Surface pens

I like the new Zotero 7 and I have been waiting for ink on Windows to be available for ages. I have a Surface Pro 8 and the 2nd generation Surface Pen. I have two criticisms:

1. There is a significant latency when writing on PDFs in Zotero.

2. More importantly, there is no option to use the eraser on the top of the pen. One of the great advantages of Windows Ink is the ability to erase just like a pencil eraser without picking the eraser from a toolbar. Making this even harder is that the eraser is buried in a menu rather than an easily accessible toolbar. Is there any reason this cannot be implemented correctly? If we could also delete notes and highlights with the pen eraser it would be amazing.
  • +1

1. Using Zotero 7 on a Surface Book 2 and having a large amount of pen lag both with the surface pen and with an external pen tablet

2. Top of pen eraser not functional. At the very least the eraser needs to be pinable to the toolbar and ink needs to be undoable with ctrl+z. As of the now the workflow for removing an inking mistake is: 2 pen clicks to switch to eraser > scribble to erase the mistake > 2 pen clicks to switch back to the pen tool. This gets quite slow/frustrating for any reasonable amount of inking corrections

I'm super excited for the new inking feature, but the above combined with the low poly preview of the ink while using the pen a very messy process that is not yet usable for me
  • On my Surface Pro I do not have any lag with my Surface Pen. However, when I use the eraser end of the pen it does not erase. Instead it continues to draw.

7.0.4-beta.3+5bd5bfa34 (64-bit)
    Windows 11
  • The lag seems to vary but the lack of an accessible eraser is still a big issue.
  • Question for those experiencing lag: Do you notice the same lag when drawing with a mouse/trackpad as with the pen?