Red circle icons

There seems to be a wide variety of red circle icons used in Zotero 7.0.3. Is there a document that explains what each icon means?
In my library, some of my entries have a red circle with a white horizontal line at the beginning of the title and I cannot figure out what it means. Library entries with or without the icon seem to work the same but the icon makes scanning my list of titles more challenging since it appears at the beginning of the title. Since I don't know what the icon means and it doesn't seem to benefit me, I would prefer that it did not display.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u47080/ozh8xt10butg2nejxwm4.png
  • That's from some plugin you're using.
  • Thanks. I didn't realize that it was coming from the plugin. I'm only using the Zotero-Attanger plugin so I've asked that developer for assistance.
  • In my case, the same icons are emerging accompanied by No doi found. Those tags maybe added by the doi related plugin for Zotero6, however, the icons are not supported to be presented at that time. As a new feature, the icons without assigned color can be displayed with the titles in Zotero7. You could remove those tags using JavaScript manually.
  • edited 14 days ago
    Ah, yes, to clarify, in Zotero 7, emoji in tags appear in the items list regardless of whether a color is assigned to the tag. So if you used the DOI Manager plugin and it assigned those tags, they would now appear in the items list. If you don't want them, you can just right-click on the tag in the tag selector and delete it, which will remove it from all items.
  • @dstillman Thanks for telling me the convenient way to delete the tag, I took a rather clumsy way. :-)
  • If you still want to use the DOI Manager plugin, but do not want the emoji to appear in the items list, you can:
    1) Rename the tag in the tag selector to remove the emoji.
    2) Do the same in the settings of the plugin.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u265723/20g0s661jgi8k9q3hov5.png
  • Thanks @mjthoraval. This resolved my issue.