7.01 - word plugin doesn't work - report no. 822905017

Hello,

after upgrading to v 7.01 first I wasn't able to use it at all (said database corrupted), though it was in the default place on SDD.

Repairing DB and reverting to v 6, solved the problem, but I am impossible to edit citations. So I installed once again v 7.01 and in this version I even don't get this bar where I can enter citations in MS Word.

Please check the report: 822905017 and let me know, how I could solve the issue.

Regards,
Grzegorz
  • @ggustaw: Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for Zotero startup through reproducing this, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option?
  • @dstillman the report is D203477016

I tried to edit citation and add a new one, both of the times Zotero windows becomes active, but the red line where normally citations doesn't appear
  • I figured out that there is 7.02 update, but the issue is the same, please check the files: report ID 1772922434 Debug ID D1738538632
  • We need to see a Debug ID from Zotero startup through reproducing the error, using "Restart with Logging Enabled…". You're just showing attempts after you've already tried once.
  • Hello, please check the one: D113720734. I did as you told. Are those informations sufficient to track the problem or should I do sth else?
  • @dstillman any updates on this issue? Do you think, that when I install a copy of zotero on Windows device, upload the library, will I be able to use it? Or there are also issues with v 7.02 on Windows?
  • Restart Zotero and attempt to insert a citation. Make sure you look through open Zotero windows (right-click on Zotero app in the dock) and confirm the citation dialog isn't simply appearing behind other windows.
  • Hey, the citation dialog appears within a couple of minutes from clicking add / edit citation, then when I enter the reference I am interested in putting to the text, I see a wheel that is turning it takes forever and nothing happens (see the screenshot). I installed it on Windows, and on Windows it works fine, I suppose. Definitely sth is wrong with this Mac version. Please troubleshoot it more thoroughly.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4236718/eku44rz3lc4lfkcefvrj.png
  • The citation dialog should find citations in your library (but it may need more time to find citations in your document). How long is this document, do you have many citations? Could you provide a Debug ID for the behavior you described above, making sure you wait at least a few minutes before cancelling?
  • Hello, the new report is D722073584. If I click, edit citation, nothing happends, after few minutes I click add new citation, then the citation I wanted to edit soon appears. Finally I can add citation. It takes agas though and working with it is impossible.
    The document is a PhD thesis. It has more than 300 pages, though before updating on a Mac in v 6 it was working with no issues, Zotero v 7 on Windows (not very powerful only Lenovo Legion Go hooked up to the thunderbolt dock) also works as a charm. The issue is in this MacOs version.
  • Yes, unfortunately the integration for macOS is quite slow. You have over 1000 citations in your document and it takes 5 minutes for Zotero to retrieve them from Word. You should make sure that Automatic Citation Updates are disabled under Document Preferences (found in Zotero tab in Word). The initial attempt to cite after restarting Zotero will still be slow (5 minutes), but subsequent attempts should be quite fast.

The integration on Word for Windows is much faster. We are working on a Word Online integration that will work on macOS and will be much faster, but for now you should work with disabled automatic citation updates and if possible on Windows.
  • Thank, you automatic citation updates I have disabled, so I am updating citations at the end of work. I understad, though for me v6 was much faster. I was hoping that designing v 7 with apple silicons support in mind will be a splendid performance boost. Hope you will manage to improve it at least a bit in the upcoming macos updates. I am finishing though my work on Windows.
  • Zotero 7 should not be any slower that Zotero 6 on macOS. Perhaps your document has grown in size since. Once you perform an initial insertion of a citation with Zotero 7, the rest should be fast if you have automatic citation updates disabled.
  • It was working OK on v6, then I updated to 7, and got the corrupted database error, from then I switched back and forth from 6 to 7 and imported repaired database. Obviously sth wrong happend with this installation and I have no idea how to fix it. So finishing my PhD on... a game console (Legion GO). ;)