What is this? Never got something like this in Zotero 6. What should I do?

• edited August 19, 2024
    That's a conflict-resolution window. It happens if you change things in conflicting ways on multiple devices between syncs. It existed in Zotero 6 as well.

If you provide a Debug ID for a sync that produces this (before cancelling the dialog) we may be able to tell you exactly what changed.
  • Before I do so: I use Zotero just on 1 laptop. But the problem arises when I have merged double items (because I downloaded them twice). Does that make sense to you?
  • We'd really need to see a Debug ID to say more.
  • The problem is that this problem solver pops up when I am reading info of an entirely different article in Zotero. Now eg I was reading the abstract (see screen shot below) and it suddenly popped up. How do I go to a Debug ID? I have been reading abstracts and all kinds of info of articles like in the screen shot without the problem solver popping up.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u5676671/jz4h80k6hmxpjiigbli2.png
  • @petermoleman Dan posted the link to the info how to create a Debug ID above. It’s this: https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Right gduffner, thats what I also found. But how do I do point 2 in this case, because there is no rlevant action.
    2) Immediately perform the relevant action (syncing, saving, importing, etc.) and reproduce the problem you're experiencing.
  • That means: do what you have to do to trigger the appearance of the conflict resolver popup. If this happens after startup without any specific trigger, you should restart Zotero after setting "Restart with Logging enabled...". After the popup appeared, proceed to 3).
  • It happens during reading the abstract (see screen shot), not doing anything in Zotero (Zotero does not "know" I am reading!), and it happens only once in a while. So your suggestions don't seem to help. Or do I misunderstand you?
  • edited August 23, 2024
    It’s just a sync. Just clicking on the Sync button in the toolbar will trigger it (assuming you’re canceling and not resolving the conflicts).
  • D497475356
    Right dstillman?