Cannot "Create Zotero Item and Note from Selection" in Chromium and Safari. Working in Firefox.

Titles says its all.
BTW is it possible to disable creating new Item instead just add new Note(if item exists)?
I'm interested in contributing. Wanna hear some comments. ❤️
  • Just realized I haven't described what's not working exactly. Item is saved but without Note. Works as intended in Firefox on the same machine.
  • I can confirm the same experience. The extension creates an Item but not the Note. Have been dependent on this feature to take notes. I have removed and re-added the extension multiple times, updated Zotero, updated Chrome, etc. Can also confirm the extension creates Note and Item in Firefox with no issues.

Current:
    Zotero Chrome Extension: Version 5.0.140
    Chrome: Version 126.0.6478.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Creating a note using the right-click menu item is still not working in Chrome. Thanks!

Zotero Chrome Extension: Version 5.0.141
    Chrome Version 127.0.6533.89 (Official Build) (arm64)
  • I'm having the same problem. I've tested the feature on two recommended sites, a news article page of the NY Times, and a page featuring a book on Amazon.com.

In the case of the NY Times the Connector generates a snapshot as the attachment; for the Amazon site the attachment is shown as "Amazon.com Link". Neither shows any of the highlighted text.

-- o/s: Windows 10 and 11 (different machines)
    -- Chrome: "Version 128.0.6613.85 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
    -- Zotero Connector v. 5.0.143
  • Are others not experiencing this problem? Still (8/24/24) doesn't work.
    Window 11 / Chrome 127.0.6533.120 / Connector 5.0.143