Zotero 7.01 won't run on Mac, says database is corrupted then crashes

Hello,

I've just updated to zotero 7.01, after that I got info that database is corrupted, I click ok, then the program crashes. Reverting to version 6, gave the same error concerning database, but the program then runs OK. Is my database safe? I created report from the version 6: Report ID: 1917441652. I am scared to update to 7 for now.

Regards,
Grzegorz
  • I installed 7.01 once again and got the same error "corrupted database", while on ver. 6, it works good.

Also in version 7.01 after I clicked cancel, got the error:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4236718/g8hxsf7ua1tdp19a39eu.png

So the only way for me is once again revert to v. 6
  • Now even reinstalling older version didn't solve the issue, so I use the repair database tool on your site, and luckily it helped.
  • Where is your Zotero data directory located? Quoting the page linked by dstillman (emphasis mine):
    Database corruption generally occurs when the data directory is placed in a cloud storage folder or on a network drive. If you've moved your data directory to one of those places, you should move it back to the default location.
    So if the database is not located in the default location, another corruption is likely to occur.
  • It was on my mac’s SSD not online. Never had issues with it until upgrading to v 7.01 so, maybe there is a bug?
  • BTW the database folder on my ssd was default
  • Nobody else (as far as I know) has reported a database corruption when upgrading from v6 to v7, with the database located in the default location.
  • Even though, I managed to repair the database, with Zotero 7, it was impossible for me to edit citations in Word or add new ones. So I had to revert to v6.
  • If you have issues with the Word plugin in Zotero 7 please create a new thread detailing the issue and include a Report ID.

Zotero 6 is not likely to work in future macOS versions, especially with Word. If you report the issue with Zotero 7 we will fix it, but you will have to help us troubleshoot it with you.
  • I don't know what to do - Zoho 6 now is stuck at "loading cited elements", though the app runs well. I so regret updating, the 6 was working flawlessly, and I have to submit a huge work soon.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4236718/7cq82mrp44okj3bnfbbg.png
  • OK, I reinstalled the 7.01 and debugging gives plenty of errors, I'll make a new thread for this.