No sync- Zotero does not insert Bibliography in Word Doc.

Hi, I am reaching out because I am working with a very large Word Document, but Zotero is not inserting the bibliography. I let it run for 5 hours alone, and it still did not work.
I am using Word for Mac 16.
ID: D1132280423
I appreciate your help!
  • (3)(+0000022): Integration: MacWord16-addEditBibliography:'/Applications/Microsoft Word.app/' complete in 12622.899s
    That shows a completed operation in 3.5 hours, with no errors.
  • I understand, but the bibliography is still not there. What can I do?
  • Toggle Word field codes and look for ZOTERO_BIBL. Do you see it?
  • I am not sure where to look for. I have ran the steps in the link you provided me, and the “Field codes instead of values” was already unchecked. Now I am trying to add the bibliography again.
  • Still not working… D996079380
  • Based on your debug logs there is already a Bibliography in your document. Since it is already present in the document, Zotero only opens a dialog which allows you to edit the bibliography. It seems like it takes 400s, or about 7 minutes for it to open (sorry, you have nearly 700 citations and Mac Word is just slow). If you cannot find it, you need to toggle Field code display (enable it, you need to check that box, or press Fn-Option->F9), then use the Find dialog (Cmd-F) and look for "ZOTERO_BIBL". When you find it, toggle Field code display again. Your cursor will be in your bibliography.

If the bibliography is in the wrong part of the document, you can cut it and paste it somewhere else, or delete it and use the Add/Edit Bibliography button with the text cursor placed where you want the bibliography inserted. If the bibliography is for some reason invisible or corrupted, you can delete it and use the Add/Edit Bibliography button too.
  • You actually want field codes set to ON, not unchecked as you stated ... so that you can see if/where your document has the ZOTERO_BIBL field code (and all your live citations' field codes) that Zotero inserts for a bibliography (the above link describes how to change the field code display, but says to switch it OFF ... for a different context).
  • Just to clarify, you don't need to wait for 5 or however many hours for this. The bibliography related operations should not take longer than 10 minutes.