Zotero 7 beta 24 bug(maybe?) can't use stylus pen like zotero6

Hi guys!
I can't select words or paragraph with my stylus pen directly,I must click screen twice ,but the feeling is very weird.While I can use stylus pen very convenient,so I think this maybe a bug in zotero7?
I would be very grateful if someone can help me to fix this.
Thank you!
  • I am facing the same issue. I can't use the stylus pen to easily swipe and select text on Zotero 7 beta as I used to on Zotero 6. For me, even double-clicking on the screen doesn't work, I can't bring up the selection and annotation box of the built-in Zotero reader. I hope the development team can be committed to solving this problem.
  • And if you toggle the highlight button in the annotation toolbar at the top, are you able to highlight text with a stylus?
  • Hi guys! I test this bug in the latest version Zotero7 beta112, it still exists. Is there any work on it?
  • Could this (at least what the original report describes) be the same as https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/107935 ?
  • @bames Can you specify exactly what the problem is for you?
  • @bames It's not entirely the case.

My device is a Surface Pro X with Windows 11 ARM version. In the latest version of Zotero 6, using a mouse, touchpad, or stylus allows for the appearance of a text selection cursor in the text section, enabling users to select text and choose annotation colors by clicking and dragging.

In the Zotero 7 beta 112 ARM version, the mouse and touchpad can perform this action. However, the stylus does not work in the same way; it fails to recognize text in the text section (as it does in Zotero 6), resulting in the absence of a text selection cursor for highlighting text or selecting annotations.

Additionally, when a specific annotation tool is manually selected, the stylus can perform annotation tasks, but in this case, the finger's swipe cannot be distinguished from the stylus, leading to a situation where attempting to scroll down to a new page with a finger results in creating numerous annotations. In Zotero 6, the stylus is correctly recognized and distinguished from the finger.
  • Yes, the Zotero 7 reader has a custom text layer with some limitations. Currently, to highlight text, you must use the highlighting tool, and to scroll pages, all annotation tools must be disabled. We expect to fix this in future versions of Zotero.
  • @martynas_b Got it! I'll use Zotero 6 now. Waiting for future fix!
  • Just want to add that it is the same problem with Z7 Intel 64-bit build as descibt by @weizichao. Tested it with Surface Go3 on Win 11.
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/469365#Comment_469365