Reference Style - inconsistency in authors names

Hi,

When I create the references for my papers, (I'm using Chicago Manual of Style and / or The Accounting Review) I need the authors surname first, followed by either the initial or the full name.
However, while the first author is correct, I'm seeing that the second and third authors have their names and initials first:

Eg: (This is The Accounting Review style)
Blackwell, L. S., C. S. Dweck, and K. H. Trzesniewski. 2007. Implicit Theories of Intelligence Predict Achievement across an Adolescent Transition: A Longitudinal Study and an Intervention. Child Development 78 (1): 246–263.

(Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition)
Blackwell, Lisa S., Carol Sorich Dweck, and Kali H. Trzesniewski. “Implicit Theories of Intelligence Predict Achievement across an Adolescent Transition: A Longitudinal Study and an Intervention.” Child Development 78, no. 1 (2007): 246–63.

I've checked the accuracy of the authors' fields (a few times!), and tried a few papers... with the same outcome.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks as always for your help :)
  • edited July 25, 2024
    There is already a Zotero CSL style for The Accounting Review. You can easily install it. See:
    https://www.zotero.org/styles

That is the correct name format for the standard Chicago style. First author: Lastname, firstname. Subsequent authors: Firstname Lastname.

If your journal requires subsequent authors to be in the Lastname, Firstname format there are likely Chicago-like styles in Zotero that will do that. https://www.zotero.org/styles
  • lol... can you tell I'm new to this research stuff? :) When you pay so much attention to the little details and somehow miss the bigger ones :) I'm so busy trying to make sure all the commas are in the right place etc... I never noticed the author name orders. :)
    Thank you!

• With Zotero, one never needs to be concerned with the punctuation or name order and format. For someone who grew up with only printed indices (without being able to combine search terms), copying article info to index cards, finding the journal articles in printed form on library shelves, formatting references and footnotes by hand with a typewriter (and needing to retype the entire page (or more) if you miscounted the lines or characters). Zotero is almost too wonderful to believe.