Word plugin: Show parent collection of each item in citation dialog

When using the Word plugin to add a citation, two identical items in different collections (but in the same library) appear the same in the citation dialog. Would it be possible to show each item's collection in the search results, or group them accordingly? I can try making a pull request if this is deemed useful.

I think it could also be helpful to show the `Date Added` or `Date Modified` fields, since those are highly likely to be unique between two otherwise identical items, or to sort the results by those fields.

I understand the Classic View provides the above information, but it's a bit cumbersome when trying to add citations quickly.

Version: 7.0.0-beta.101+220bb4383
  • Items can exist in multiple collections. i.e. Collections are not folders. Many, if not, most items I have in my library exist in multiple (sub)collections. How do you choose which collection to show then?

My understanding for using Zotero is that, by design, duplicate items are undesired. Hence the merging facilities for duplicates provided in Zotero.

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#the_zotero_collections_model

There could be reasons to have near-identical items (e.g., a book translated by two different translators). But having two identical items only different by 'Date Added' does not seem useful?