Feature requests: Multiple collection selection and showing references from subcollections

[Split from Available for beta testing: Zotero, redesigned]

I am trying the Zotero beta coming from another app and I'm loving Zotero so far! However, I do have two (hopefully small) requests: Would it be possible to allow multiple folder selection in the library (sequential and non-continuous)? And would it be possible to allow all references to be shown within all sub-groups of the selected folder(s)?

This type of functionality would allow viewing of any references contained in the hierarchy of a parent folder, and it would also allow the user to drill down in the references based upon the nested folder structure created in the library. This would also allow the mixed viewing of references from different folders into one combined list. I hope this makes sense. Thank you for considering.
  • (1) has been requested before and might happen at some point.

(2) is just View → Show Items from Subcollections
  • Just tacking on my request for multiple collection selection. I found a forum post from 2020 requesting this feature as well. They already have this UX paradigm for selecting multiple documents within a collection, so it should be reasonable to think it could be ported to collections.