did all citations with Zotero and it does not generate the bibliography

[Split from Zotero does not generate the list of bibliographic references]

I am also having difficulties with Zotero in Word. My document is almost 400 pages. I did all citations with Zotero and it does not generate the bibliography. I also ran the Debug Output option. Restarted both programmes… still not working. What to do next? I appreciate your answer.
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to is someone else's thread from last year. I've moved this to a new thread.)

You'd have to say more. What exactly happens when you click Add/Edit Bibliography? How long have you waited?

What OS and exact version of Word?

And to be clear, providing debug output means posting the Debug ID here. We'd need that to say more.
  • I have waited a few hours. I am in tha latest OS version (mac Sonoma 14.5), I have Word for Mac Version 16.78.3.
    This is the Debug ID D1908766532.
    I have also tried generating biblgiography with only 1 page document (3 footnotes citations), and it still does not work.
    I appreciate your help.
  • edited July 12, 2024
    You didn't log anything related to the Word plugin in that debug output.

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and try again for reproducing this in a new, empty document. Restart Zotero before retrying.
  • It has worked now with 1 page file: ID D1040421015. But with the larger document it still does not work.
  • You likely just need to wait longer. Word integration on macOS is unfortunately fairly slow currently.
  • I understand. Is there anything I can do to improve this? I had all the bibliography and then it disappeared… How should I have the settings in the plug in of word to make sure that this situation improves? Many thanks again!
  • This is the last Debug ID: D1155480830, still not working unfortunately…
  • You should enable Debug logging right after restarting Zotero and then press Add/Edit Bibliography in Word. Do not perform any other action and wait for at least 10 minutes, then submit the Debug log.

What version of Word (full version number) are you running?
  • ID: D658232262; Word for Mac Version 16.78.3.
    Thanks again!
  • Seems like the bibliography inserted correctly. Was there any issue?
  • unfortunately it is still not working, the bibliography disappeared and does not appear again //

D1165086542
  • I am not sure what the problem is. The previous debug log you submitted showed a successful insertion of bibliography. It took 42s to do it. If the bibliography did not appear, either some other plugin in Word is somehow interfering, or there is something broken with your document, in which case you should follow Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents.