Delay in Adding Citations

I am using the Zotero standalone version, and when I want to add a citation in a Word document, I select the source from the red search bar that appears. It shows up without any issues. When I select the relevant source and press enter, we should see the citation inserted into the Word document very quickly, right? However, for me, this process takes a long time. After selecting the relevant source and pressing enter, I have to wait for quite a while. It can take up to two minutes.

I am using an M2 MacBook Air, and I have Zotero 6.0.37 installed. I noticed that it performs this process faster on my office's Windows computer. Yes, the document I am working on is quite large, about 450 pages.

What should I do about this? I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
  • edited July 10, 2024
    The integration between Microsoft Word and Zotero on Mac OS is unfortunately significantly slower than any other combination of OS and word processor. The problem must be fixed in Word, and the Zotero developers are in touch with Microsoft about this, but it might take a while before we see an improvement.

At the moment, you can make your work a bit smoother if you disable automatic bibliography updates in your document https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/citations_slow
  • Come on, buddy, it did it in 2 seconds. You’re awesome, buddy. Thank you very much.