Zotero Extension on Safari not working

hello,

I use zotero 7 on MacOs Monterey 12. I am able to see there is zotero connector 5.0.136 on safari>preferences>extension. But it doesn't show up on the toolbar, in other words I can not use it. When I enable it via preferences it flickers and not showing.

I have tried the steps here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/safari_compatibility#can_t_see_the_save_button_save_button_flickering

restarted the mac
check if it fixed-no
delete the zotero from applications
restarted the mac
install zotero 7 beta.
check the safari > enable the zotero connector extension
result: it is not fixed. Still flickers 3-4 times and then not showing itself on the toolbar.

Is there any solutions for this problem
Thanks.
  • Make sure you're running the latest version of Monterey or update to a newer version of macOS.
  • I am using the latest version of Monterey and safari. Unfortunately my macbook air is old and doesn't allow for macos13 or later.
  • edited July 4, 2024
    I'm afraid this is a macOS bug, so the best we can suggest is to try rebooting in Safe Mode, as it mentions in the linked instructions. We've never heard of a case where it wasn't possible to fix this by removing the app from Applications, restarting (in Safe Mode, if necessary), making sure the Zotero Connector is completely gone from the Extensions pane of the Safari settings, and then reinstalling.
  • I tried rebooting in safe mode and deleting/reinstalling zotero in safe mode. Still the same problem persists. Maybe a future monterey or safari update will fix it. Thanks
  • Update: problem is fixed with the latest Safari update (17.6).