Background pdf

Hello, this is a bit trivial, how could I change the color of the page background of a PDF in version 7 beta of Zotero
  • For what purpose do you need that?
  • @martynas_b Hello, I want it for long readings, the white background in the light mode honestly tires the eyes and in the dark mode the black background with almost white letters is also uncomfortable to read and also tires the eyes, that's why I'm looking to establish a color more like gray or veige
  • Agree, the current dark mode makes PDF background pure black, and inversed the figure color, which makes the figures hard to recognize and makes my eyes tired.

I think it would be better to give us an option to keep PDF color unchanged when turn dark mode on. the black background applied on other elements of the interface will still reduce the dazzle but keeps the PDF more readable.
  • It sounds like unchecking "View - Use Dark Mode for Content" might do what you want.
  • @Samvimes, gracias!!! justo lo que buscaba parcialmente
  • I agree that it would be easier on the eyes if the dark grey and light grey from the main interface was used instead of pure black and pure white. The combination in the main interface is really pleasant on the eyes whereas the dark PDF mode contrast is too stark to be comfortable for me.
  • Would it be possible to customize the background color in the PDF reader, or could you hint at a config file where I could specify a HEX Code or something similar?

I have for years used a sepia color (i.e. #FFF1E0) as the background for Libre Writer and my PDF reader and it's become invaluable to me, because it's so much nicer on the eyes. It's really the only thing that keeps me from switching to Zotero's built-in PDF reader which has awesome functionality. Thank you so much for your work. It's much appreciated!