When will version 7 be stable?

edited June 2, 2024
I need to know, approximately, when the stable version 7 will be published. (stable)
I'm writing a Zotero guide. It will be based on version 7. Just need to insert images (screenshots) and complete details about storage and synchronization options for attachments. And a little more.
  • Zotero devs have never announced release dates with much advance, I'm afraid. The official word is that they've basically feature-frozen Zotero 7, but my sense is that there are still a couple of kinks that they'd want to thoroughly iron out before a relase (e.g. the PDF reader's pop-up behavior) and it's always hard to predict how long that takes.
    That means you're probably safe with inserting pictures; they won't change much if at all. I'd personally be surprised if Z7 is not out by the end of the summer, but that's obviously not a guarantee.
  • The problem with the screenshots is that several parts of the interface have not yet been translated. Likewise...I'm going to wait for Zotero 7 to be out. I'll stay patient. Thanks
  • Zotero interface translations are crowd-sourced, so if there's something in particular that's missing/incorrect, feel free to contribute.
  • (I suspect @Roberto_Ronconi is referring to new strings from Zotero 7, many of which haven't yet been made available for translation on Transifex. We're working to get those uploaded in the next few days.)
  • That's good news! @Roberto_Ronconi as soon as the new strings are available for translation, I'll work on them, if I have sufficient time before release (I work on in on my free time), all we be translated on the stable version.

Also, being on the topic @dstillman in this other thread we listed some strings not included in transifex in the previous version, and you hinted that the new framework should allow the translation. Do you have any news on that? Also it'll be nice if we can also translate the plugins for word/google docs and the connector preferences
  • We've just added new strings from Zotero 7 to Transifex in the new zotero.json resource.
  • Thank you @dstillman, I've already started working on the new translations.

I'm seeing a few strings with functions in it, I'll open a new thread because I need a few hints on how to work with them, and I think they could help also others