Text annotation is awesome - could be even awesomer with these changes!

I love the text annotation. And first, thank you so much to all those who contribute implementations!

If anybody has time, I would love to be able to use the text annotation feature with:

1. A more intuitive text annotation resizing ability. Having to resize the text by dragging the corner is a tad awkward, and it would be great to be able to change it using a standard numerical selection. Along with this, setting the default text size would be helpful because the fixed default is pretty large and I often want to add multiple annotations in the same smaller size.

2. Highlighting such that the highlight layer is opaque and covers the article content. Without this, text annotations are mostly only useful in the margins where there is white space.

Interested in hearing feedback
  • The first suggestion is great. The current resizing method is way too tedious, and setting the default size would avoid the need to resize many times.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second suggestion, though. Is it related to the text annotation?