The window cannot be resized

edited May 10, 2024
1. Issue: The window cannot be resized
2. Hardware Report: macos Monterey Version: 12.5.1 Macbook Apple M1 Pro 16 GB
3. Zotero Version: 7.0.0-beta.77+adaa61f2c
4. Issue Description:

After updating to the latest version, I'm unable to resize the window. It can only be maximized. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you very much!
  • Does changing the size of the main window work in troubleshooting mode? (Help -> Restart in Troubleshooting Mode...)
  • edited May 10, 2024
    The issue of being unable to resize the window in troubleshooting mode still persists. In simple terms, you cannot shrink the window; you can only enlarge it until it reaches maximum size. It is now confirmed that this problem arose from the recent updates. Please resolve this minor issue, Many thanks.
  • edited May 10, 2024
    You can't shrink it because you made the item pane very wide — there would be no way to shrink the window without cutting off content. Shrink the item pane and you'll be able to shrink the window.
  • I just attempted to shrink the item pane, but still unable to resize the window to a smaller size. Unlike browser windows where you can freely adjust the window size, even down to a tenth of the original size. I recall in previous versions, it was possible to resize the window at will. It would be appreciated if you could compare the window resizing logic with previous versions, as it might be more convenient for reading materials when a large window mode is not necessary. In the latest version, even the smallest window size almost occupies the entire screen. Thank you for your understanding.
  • edited May 10, 2024
    Can you provide a screenshot of a window you can’t shrink after shrinking the item pane?
  • Hello, I just tried again to shrink the item pane, and I managed to resize the entire window to a relatively smaller state. It seems that the logic for window resizing has changed: now you must first shrink the item pane before adjusting the overall window size. There might have been some misunderstanding in the previous operation logic. The issue has been resolved now. Thank you very much for your advice