Describing the add/remove columns

Hi all - I'm hoping this is a simple question, but I've tried searching for an answer and can't find one.

What is the name of the icon you click on in Zotero Desktop when adding or removing columns from view?

I'm a librarian who supports students in their (basic) use of Zotero, and adding columns is a feature I often demonstrate. It might seem silly but I struggle with describing this action because the icon is so teeny tiny it's difficult to narrate my cursor movements, and I don't think it's a very intuitive feature to novice users.

Alternatively, if anyone is aware of a menu feature or keyboard shortcut in Zotero that allows the user to add/remove columns from the centre pane, I could demonstrate that instead of clicking the icon.

Thanks everyone! I'm doing my best!!!!
  • edited January 31, 2022
    It's the "column picker".

Note that in the Zotero beta, which will soon become Zotero 6, the tiny icon is gone and you customize columns simply by right-clicking anywhere on the column headers (as is more common in these sorts of lists, such as in OS file managers).
  • Thanks very much for your reply!

I'm very happy to hear that about the beta update! I expect it will be a lot easier to describe this action in a demonstration.
  • Thanks for your answer! I was looking at some old posts where a tiny "spreadsheet" icon was mentioned but could not find. Now the right-clicking works.