Zotero google docs not working

I have been using the zotero extension in firefox to add citations to a document. When I fist tried to add the zotero froze in the updating phase and since then I have not be able to do anything with the document as it says "The document citations are being edited by another Zotero user. Please try again later." Has anyone had any experience with this issue?
  • edited 28 days ago
    Restart Zotero and reload Google Docs, and if you still get the error, you should be able to override the lock from that dialog.
  • I can over ride the message but when I do that the document just freezes if I try to do anything with Zotero
  • Did you restart Zotero and reload Google Docs?

How big is the document?

You should also check to make sure that a citation dialog isn't just appearing behind your other windows. It's part of the Zotero app.

If you think it's not working, restart Zotero again and provide a Debug ID from Zotero (not the Zotero Connector) for reloading the Google Docs page and clicking Add/Edit Citation.
  • edited 28 days ago
    Yes, I tried restartin Zotero, reload google docs, and restarting the computer.

~100 pages

The citation bar comes up, I put in a citation, and then it gets stuck with the bar full. At this point the document freezes.

Logging removed at the suggestion of another user
  • 1) We just need the Debug ID number. You shouldn't post the output here.

2) That's for a Refresh. I asked about Add/Edit Citation.

3) How long have you waited? That shows you waiting for 20 seconds, but in a 100-page document, it might take a while to refresh the document.

4) Does it work in a new, empty document?
  • The eventual errors I got were JavaScript Error: "IndexedDB Maintenance finished with error: NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: ActorsParent.cpp:16691" and JavaScript Error: "HTTP Integration Error" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/connector/server_connectorIntegration.js" line: 67}

This was after waiting overnight for it to run.

I tried adding a citation to a new document and it seemed to work fine.
  • The report ID is 1275902046
  • edited 24 days ago
    You should submit a Debug ID from Zotero (not from Zotero Connector, and not a Report ID, which is different) for an attempt to add a citation to your document, and wait at least 5 minutes before submitting. If you do not provide this information we will not be able to help you.