[Android] Downloading PDF files (perhaps a Boox issue?)

I try to manually load PDF files and am encountering problems. In this case : D1179254922 the app simply crashed when I clicked download. In this case D1623494926 in all cases when I click on an item, the download icon gets stuck and the file does not open; however, after changing to a different collection view and back the item is actually showing as downloaded, and then clicking on the icon will open it correctly. Perhaps this is an effect specific to epaper devices (this is a boox one) and related to not enforcing a screen refresh? But I would expect that after a download the PDF would open and this should refresh the screen, even on epaper.
  • OK, please try the latest build (46).
  • The new version also fixed that last issue, many thanks.
  • I seem to still or again having issues with downloads. Latest example is D142401247 which I cannot get to download
  • Ah now it did. But it took ages, and on iOS I could get it in a few seconds on the same network
  • edited 5 days ago
    (Please always stick to your existing thread for the same issue. We can't help you in a general thread with hundreds of people following it.)

If you're still seeing this, we'd want another Debug ID for reproducing it.
  • Fair point. I will try, but the un-reproducibility of this problem makes it hard for me to create a Debug ID. I just tried with 20+ downloads and they all went find :)

Is there a chance to get the download progress bar running on e-ink devices? Currently, the downloading item shows as 0% and then jumps to the downloaded file when ready, without an intermediate stage. But I understand if you say that e-ink is not your priority at the moment.
  • I'm not sure if that's even an e-ink issue, but we'll check. We bought a Boox to test with.