WCAG & Accessibility: Unlabeled buttons in Information pane

I'm using Zotero 6.0.30
I'm sighted and using the JAWS screen reader
This breaks WCAG 2.0 success criteria 3.3.2 https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG22/Understanding/labels-or-instructions.html

User task:
A researcher needs to manually add a new journal item to their collection. They are in the information pane and moving between fields using the tab and shift + tab keys.

Problem:
When the user is in the information pane and presses the tab key to move forward through each field (title, author, abstract, publication, volume, etc.), the labels for the edits/text fields are announced as expected. But if the user press shift + tab once and move back a field, then the labels are no longer announced. This happens consistently, although there are some oddities about it (e.g., sometimes it will start working, but then pressing shift + tab, and it starts to behave incorrectly again)

• Thanks very much, but any accessibility testing should be done with the Zotero 7 beta, which includes a complete redesign of the app and should dramatically improve accessibility. (I don't know if this particular issue is resolved, but many things should be.)