Zotero7 beta consumes too much power in macOS environment(在macOS下能耗过高)

# A. macOS system activity monitor shows:

1. zotero7 (beta.55+9151fb355) maintains an "impact on energy consumption" of more than 1700 points even when not in operation, sometimes even reaching 2200 points. This figure is even greater than with a fully loaded browser software!

2. The CPU usage also stays above 100 points in the no-operation state.

3. Intuitively, power consumption is also faster than before the upgrade.

# B. The basic environment in which the software runs:

1. System version: macOS 13.6.3

2. Add-ons loaded: Better Notes 1.1.4-beta.53, Crush Reference 0.6.3, Ethereal Style 3.3.6, Jasminum 1.0.0-14, Translate for Zotero 1.1.0-beta.30

# C. Acknowledgements

As I often need to work without power, this is causing me problems and I hope this issue will be attended to and resolved.

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the technicians involved in the open source project.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

# A. macOS系统活动监视器显示:
1. zotero7 (beta.55+9151fb355)即使在无操作状态下“对能耗的影响”依然维持1700点以上,有时甚至能达到2200点。这个数据甚至大于满载运行的浏览器软件!
2. 在无操作状态下,CPU占用也维持在100点以上。
3. 直观上电量消耗也比升级前快了。

# B. 软件运行的基本环境:
1. 系统版本:macOS 13.6.3
2.已加载的插件:Better Notes 1.1.4-beta.53,Crush Reference 0.6.3,Ethereal Style 3.3.6,Jasminum 1.0.0-14,Translate for Zotero 1.1.0-beta.30

# C. 致谢
由于我经常需要在无电源状态下工作,这对我造成了困扰,希望这个问题能够得到关注并解决。
我在这里对参与开源项目的技术人员表示由衷的感谢。

/Users/robin/Desktop/截屏2024-01-26 16.40.41.png
/Users/robin/Desktop/截屏2024-01-26 16.42.33.png
  • Ps:The computer model is Macbook Air m2 2022 with 16G RAM and 512G SSD
  • I opened four books of about 350 pages with zotero's own PDF reader.
  • You should let us know if you can reproduce this with all plugins disabled, and if so, what the exact steps are from a fresh Zotero start with no tabs (for which it presumably doesn't occur) to getting it to happen.
  • edited January 26, 2024
    After careful troubleshooting, I have found the problem:
    # The Ethereal Style v3.3.6 add-on will have problems when it change the PDF background colour by modifying the CSS code.
    (原因是我安装的 Ethereal Style 3.3.6 插件通过修改CSS代码改变PDF背景色时发生了问题。)

I will report this to the developers of add-on in time.
    And once again, thanks to the project technicians for their work.
    The new interface of zotero 7 is pretty gorgeous!
  • I also have the same question, Did you solved it? But i have no plugin as yours.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u12876649/rskg3wakri2u9gdl8vcb.jpg
  • edited August 28, 2024
    @sepinetam: That's certainly not normal, but the Energy tab isn't that useful for troubleshooting unless it's showing something not reflected in other tabs. What do you see for Zotero in the CPU tab during normal usage?

Do you have any plugins installed? If so, see if you can reproduce this in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”), which temporarily disables all plugins.