The problem of renaming the PDF file

I find if I add new PDF files by the browser plugin, the PDF file would be renamed and just show "Full Text PDF". However, if I add the PDF by dragging it directly then it just works.
  • edited December 12, 2023
    No, you're confusing the attachment title and the filename. Files saved from the web are automatically renamed based on the parent item metadata, which you can see if you click on the attachment and look in the right-hand pane or do right-click → Show File. There's no point in showing the filename, since it's just based on the same metadata that already appears for the parent item.
  • emmmmm.... The rename fuction of zotero 7 is just renaming the attachment title and do not includes PDF file because it is on point? I just thought it would work just like what zotfile do. LOL
  • I just think it is more beautiful to rename the PDF file. It is a little weird that there is just "Full Text PDF" on the PDF file.
  • edited December 12, 2023
    The rename fuction of zotero 7 is just renaming the attachment title and do not includes PDF file
    It is a little weird that there is just "Full Text PDF" on the PDF file.
    These statements are not correct, as explained above.
    I just think it is more beautiful to rename the PDF file.
    As explained to you already, this is exactly what the automatic renaming function of Zotero 7 is doing, as well as the function Rename File from Parent Metadata:

"Full Text PDF" --> Attachment title
    Renamed PDF file on your computer --> Filename

What you see displayed in the center pane of your library is the "Attachment title", which is consistent with the column where it is displayed, which is "Title".

It is ok to be confused, but please take the time to read the replies that people take the time to write to you.
    See: https://www.zotero.org/support/file_renaming#attachment_title_vs_filename
    And: https://www.zotero.org/support/forum_guidelines
  • Thanks for anwering me patiently.