Add Note from Annotations doesn't work if multiple items are selected

I've not been able to figure out exactly what the pattern is, but if I select multiple items (which have linked PDFs) and right-click and choose Add Note from Annotations, only some of them get notes. I think that's not the correct behavior.

It may have something to do with some of the attached linked PDFs not containing any annotations, and for those items, I wouldn't expect a note to be added, but it seems that if my selection contains any item without annotations, it breaks something.

I can only consistently get notes from annotations by selecting single items and selecting the command, or choosing only multiple items that I know to have annotations and running the command.

What I'd like to be able to do is be sure that for every item in my collection that does have annotations in the PDF, there is a note that contains the up-to-date annotations. I thought I could do that by selecting all, then right clicking and choosing Add Note from Annotations. I'm trying to integrate with Obsidian through the Better BibTex extension for Zotero, and the BibNotes plug-in for Obsidian, but not being able to easily extract annotations into notes in Zotero is stopping me.
  • This is actually happening to me right now. I think the issue is related to multiple PDFs attached to one reference. It does not matter if the other files have annotations or not, it still creates a reference note in Obsidian that does not contain any annotations.

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?
  • I'm not sure I follow 100% -- can you take Obsidian out of the equation entirely for describing and reproducing this? None of the components of the Obsidian toolchain are core Zotero code, so if that's where things fail, issues would need to be reported elsewhere.