[Feature Request] Showing children collection folders inside the Paper pane

Hi,
This is more like a personal organizing ideology.

In the current ideology the Zotero UI represents, the papers stored go into a specifically chosen collection, but not their parent collection (or parent-of-parent and so on). It's more like a folder-type approach in any file manager, if you put a file in a sub-directory, it's stored there, and accessible from there, not from its parent's.

But, the UI of the Zotero seems like (specifically the Paper pane) it should be showing all the files/papers within a collection including all the sub-collections. This leads me to always fill the parent collections manually with all the child collections' items (considering the ideology).

Instead, what I suggest is that, if you include the sub-collections as some folder-type icons within the Paper pane, then it would nicely suggest that Zotero follows the folder hierarchy like in a file manager.
Also, this will lead to less clutter of the papers since I keep adding sub-collection items' to the parent collection (based on the ideology).

And, what I think is that this will not lead to any issues for the other users, since this will simply add a new functionality. Also, you may make this an option for users to choose whether to use this feature or not.

See the image for example:
https://imgur.com/a/gZyHVkN
Here, I showed a screenshot from an Android app called Zoo for Zotero (since I don't know of Zotero's official Android app) where there are folders within a collection to go into child collections. I would like to have this type within the Paper pane in the Zotero software.

[By Paper pane, I mean the pane that shows the papers with the Title, Creator, Year, Publication, etc. tabs. And, sorry for the long post, but I tried describing the ideology as to why I think it is needed.]
  • @AnirbanKopty
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but you do not need to re-enter the subcollection items in the parent collection to show them there. You can simply choose from the menu bar:

View> Show items from subcollections

to activate or de-activate the appearance of all items in all subcollections in the parent collection(from any level).

Hope this helps and sorry again if I misunderstood your request
  • Ah, thank you for the kind reply.
    My mistake. I should've noticed that option. Also, this answers why this didn't make any issue for the past long users of Zotero.

This also resolves the ideology problem. This is what the UI of Zotero suggests, as mentioned before.
    No need to add a new feature.