Touchscreen issues with beta 44

Hi there,

Most touchscreen issues in the PDF reader were solved in beta 40. But with the beta 44, new touchscreen issues appeared on the desktop app. It's impossible to select text in a PDF. It selects randomly some text/characters but not the text you intended to select.

Also, and this was already a problem before beta 40, there is no right click when using the touchscreen (long press does nothing). It affects the entire app. Works on 6 latest version.

My config: MS surface go 3 / Windows 11 latest update.

I had to revert to the stable version. 7 is awesomely fast, so I can't wait to use it!

Paul
  • I did a post on the same issues a couple of weeks ago. No reply as yet from the developers.
  • @paulda @pcinque
    Also, and this was already a problem before beta 40, there is no right click when using the touchscreen (long press does nothing). It affects the entire app. Works on 6 latest version.
    Can you both confirm that context menu issue isn't specific to Zotero reader and affects the whole app?
    It's impossible to select text in a PDF. It selects randomly some text/characters but not the text you intended to select.
    Allowing text selection and scrolling at the same time is complicated. Other viewers have a separate text selection mode that is enabled with a button and we might need to consider that as well.

What do you expect to do with the selected text?

• Zotero 6.0.30 works fine with touch.

Zotero 7 Beta 49: With long press on the touch screen:
    Tags area on bottom left displays the shortcut menu
    In Info/Tags/Related pane displays the shortcut menu.
    In the collections plane a blank shortcut menu is displayed.
    In the items pane a blank shortcu menu is displayed.
    In the PDF reader a blank shortcut menu is displayed.

Using a mouse connected to the Surface:
    Right click works in all panes

Why this matters:
    Using shortcut menus to initiate actions
    Copying text is a common thing to.