Help with sync error

edited August 25, 2023
Hello I have been using the zotero style plug in and wondering if this is what is causing the error below:

How can I find these items and resolve the sync error?

[JavaScript Error: "annotationColor must be a hex color (e.g., '#FF0000')" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1357}]

[additional errors removed — D.S.]

version => 6.0.26, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.16, locale => en-GB, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.26, extensions => Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.10.0, extension), ZotFile (5.1.2, extension), ZotCard (2.8.1, extension), Zotero Tag (0.3.0, extension), Zotero Style (2.6.7, extension), Reading List for Zotero (0.3.0, extension), Zotero GPT (0.2.8, extension), Obsidian Note for Zotero (1.0.1, extension), Zotero Figure (0.0.7, extension), Folder Import for Zotero (0.0.7, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (6.0.6.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero Better Notes (0.8.9, extension), Better BibTex for Zotero (6.7.113, extension), Zotero Add Collection Tag (0.0.2, extension, disabled), Mdnotes for Zotero (0.2.3, extension, disabled), Zotero Citation (0.3.1, extension, disabled), Zotero Reference (0.5.8, extension, disabled), scite Plugin for Zotero (1.11.6, extension, disabled), Cita (0.5.5, extension, disabled), ZoteroQuickLook (1.4.6, extension, disabled), Inciteful Zotero Plugin (0.0.8, extension, disabled), Zotero PDF Preview (0.3.7, extension, disabled), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.26, extension, disabled)
  • I have been using the zotero style plug in and wondering if this is what is causing the error below
    Yes. It appears to be setting custom annotation colors like "#00f1bb5e", with an additional transparency value that isn't allowed. You should report this to the plugin developer. They'll need to correct any existing colors they've set for syncing to work again.
  • Hello

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry about posting it twice I realised I had not included the report number in the first one like it said to when you generate the error report so reposted it with it.

I assuming that if I was to correct the documents listed the sync would work properly again. It's the custom highlighter colours I set via the Zotero style plug in (I will post this on the github page as well for any input). Does this mean I would have to manually find them and reset the colours? Is there anyway to search for the item keys it has given in the report?
  • You can run this in Tools → Developer → Run JavaScript to select the parent attachment:

var key = '8GBWUIKK';
    await ZoteroPane.itemsView.selectItem(Zotero.Items.getByLibraryAndKey(1, key).parentItem.itemID)

Replace "8GBWUIKK" with any additional keys from the error report (e.g., "7TGYDLDA" for "Error 400 for item 7TGYDLDA in My Library").
  • Great!!

Thanks ever so much for that!!