Zotero 7 Mac word plugin can not insert citation

When I search the reference in the pop-up bar, if the search result listed a few findings, I can choose the one and click enter to insert the citation. But if the search result listed only one finding, I can choose it, but when click enter, it will not response and no insert in the word. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Not sure I understand. Choosing between search results and pressing Return to close the dialog are two separate actions, and they shouldn't be related. Once you choose a selection from the search results, it just creates the blue bubble, and at that point there's no more connection to the search results. So I'm not clear what exactly you're saying the problem is.

Can you take a screen recording that shows the problem, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here, or email a link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • Thanks dstilman, I am also not sure why. Here is recorded video and you can see at the end of the video, I tried a few enter, but no response.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efnmfKg5n5wJ7jSwRYnJwQcGEjOE2zoh/view?usp=share_link
  • edited August 1, 2023
    Is that actually happening based on the number of search results, or just because you're pasting something in rather than typing a search term manually? If after selecting the pasted result you press some key on the keyboard and delete it, or add a space, can you then press Return?
  • I think you are right, it may be from copy of the full title. Is that a known issue?
  • It's just about typing vs. pasting. We'll fix — thanks.