Crash log

Platform:iPadOS
Behavior when the crash came: surfing a pdf as usual
Report ID: 1902477705
  • Can you reproduce this? If so, can you send the PDF in question to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread, and also explain how you're reproducing it?
  • Sorry, I can’t reproduce. I just follow the notice which came up when I reopen the Zotero after the crash. It gave me the report ID and tell me to post it on this forum. So here I am.
  • It happened again. And this time the report id is 935222102
  • Again, we need to know what you're doing when it occurs, and if it occurs with a specific file, we'd want to see the file in question.
  • I was reading a pdf file when it occurred. However, it was not one specific pdf. Although there might be something worth your attention. It often happened when I split the screen of ipad and shared with another app.
  • edited June 9, 2023
    Both crashes seem to show what seems to be a system text-to-speech framework. Are you using something like that? If so, what's the exact feature?
  • edited June 9, 2023
    Actually, you're on an outdated version of iOS 16. You'll need to upgrade to the latest version before we can look at this further. This crash isn't in Zotero code, so there's a good chance whatever bug it is has been fixed by Apple.
  • Oh, sounds fair enough. I will do the upgrade later. Thanks anyway.
    But I have some other questions actually. Just out of curiosity. Did the report ID who tell you so many information about me?Like the version of my ios or the system text-to-speech framework(which I don’t know what it is).
  • Yes, the Report ID includes the app version, the iOS version, the device, and a crash report. In this case, it shows a crash in /System/Library/AccessibilityBundles/QuickSpeak.bundle/QuickSpeak, which is some system accessibility feature, presumably related to text-to-speech. But if you're not using anything like that, I wouldn't worry about it — just update iOS and this will probably go away.