After synchronization, a large number of literature disappeared

A category was deleted from device A, and the recycle bin was also cleared during synchronization. It was found that all files with the same title in other categories were also deleted. So I immediately stopped synchronizing and synchronized with another device B that did not delete files. As a result, all files were originally restored on the other device B. However, when I synchronized to device A later, I initially recovered many files, but in the end, there were still many fewer files. Error report: 1489979306, has been submitted. Help me, please.Help!!!
  • edited May 20, 2023
    It was found that all files with the same title in other categories were also deleted.
    This is a fundamental misunderstanding of how Zotero works. Items can exist in multiple collections. When you deleted the items, you removed them from all collections they were in:

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#the_zotero_collections_model

It looks like you also emptied the trash, so you'll need to restore the items from a backup and then replace your online library with the local data. See Restoring From the Last Automatic Backup for one option, or see the other options on that page. You won't be able to restore attachment files that way, but we may be able to relink your synced files in Zotero Storage.
  • Thank you very much. Based on the operation method you provided, I have restored the previous data successfully. Thank you again !