Sync failure issue

I'm a deep user in Shanghai, China, and I've been having a problem lately, when I'm not using VPN, every time I press the sync button on the top right, I get a '!'. I don't know why this is, but I've never had this problem before. What I want is to be able to sync quickly and successfully without a VPN. Thanks!
  • What does it say when you click on the error icon?

Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that fails?
  • My problem is similar to this one,(https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/82496/weddav同步时经常报错). I also use the webdav method to synchronize files. The main problem is that I rarely get a sync failure error before, but recently I've been getting a lot of them without VPN, and only in a very few cases it works; with VPN it basically works. I'll try to provide you with a report ID the next time there is an error.
  • It’s almost certainly just your internet connection, not a problem in Zotero. But we’d need to see a Debug ID to say more.
  • Thank you, I will show you the debug ID soon.
  • Thanks, I'll give you the debug ID as soon as possible.
  • It says 'Request timed out'.
    And the report is :
    [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource."]

[JavaScript Error: "loader is undefined" {file: "resource://zotero/loader.jsm" line: 451}]
    load@resource://zotero/loader.jsm:451:7
    anonymous@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml line 768 > Function:3:1
    _fireEvent@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:769:24
    prefwindow_XBL_Constructor@chrome://zotero/content/bindings/preferences-win.xml:646:13

Can you tell me what happened? The network has never been changed, but there have been really few such problems before.
    Thank you.
  • Yeah, that would just be a problem with your internet connection. It's not a problem in Zotero.