[feature request] last viewed page/page history in PDF reader

like in MacOS preview, the arrow buttons are "page history" aka the last viewed page. In Zotero PDF reader, when I clicked a reference link, it moves to the Reference section of the PDF, then I have to scroll up page by page to the page where I was reading/clicked.
Could we please have the last viewed page/page history function in PDF reader? not just a page by page change? Thanks.
  • There's a Back function in the Go menu, as well as keyboard shortcuts to go back.
  • Thanks Dstillman. could we please have an option to add a [back function] button on the UI (like MacOS preview) ? thanks.
  • Why do you need this in the GUI? You have a shortcut and a menu entry, so it's mouse and keyboard accessible (and many PDF readers, including Acrobat, don't have this in the GUI). Crowding the GUI has a number of downsides, including being bad for accessibility.
  • thanks Adam. I'm heavy user of MacOS preview, and it has page history buttons on GUI, i can click it when the other hand is holding a drink or food, or the laptop itself. We can add this as an option, if the user prefer not to have it on GUI, it can be done as well.