Keyboard navigation in Collections pane in Zotero 6

Zotero 6 seems to have broken keyboard navigation in the Collections pane (by typing a collection name). In Zotero 5, typing the collection name would find me the next collection of that name from the actual position. Zotero 6 always jumps to the first one.

If you have 2 sub-collections of the same name under different collections. For instance, when you have 2 collections called "Machine Translation" and "Natural Language Generation", each one has a subcollection "Evaluation"), you can't navigate to "Evaluation" under "Natural Language Generation".

Is there any way to bring the old behavior back, or any other efficient way of navigating collections via keyboard?
  • I've created a ticket to track this. We'll fix it in the near future.
  • Awesome, thanks!
  • Should be fixed in Zotero 6.0.6, available now.
  • Works perfectly – thank you!
  • edited May 8, 2022
    Unfortunately not fixed in my Zotero 6.0.6 in Ubuntu 20.04.
  • I'm running Windows, might that be the difference?

I actually later realized that the behavior changed in 6.0.6 and it's doing the cycle, but it's still working differently from Zotero 5. So maybe that's what you're experiencing?

Right now, for me, the cycling works over the 1st letter only. The way it used to work in Zotero 5 was that typing multiple letters in quick succession would match within the same word. For instance, when I have three collections called "Evaluation", "Error annotation" and "Explaining", I could type E X in Zotero 5 to get to the last one. Now I have to type E E E.

I'm OK with the current version, but the previous behavior was better.

(An ideal solution would be some way of doing a filter/search over collections with a keyboard shortcut, but that's more of a feature extension than a bug fix.)
This discussion has been closed.