Repopulating standalone Zotero PDFs with online Zotero library

Hello-

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, and thank you for such a badass service like Zotero.

Unfortunately, my laptop with Zotero crashed without me backing the library up locally. The good thing is my PDFs are available on my Zotero online library! Nice!

So I've reinstalled Zotero on my new PC, and synced the libraries. But This doesn't result in local copies of the PDFs that I used to have on my prior PC and that exist in my online Zotero library.

I'm sure there should be a way to remedy this--is that by going Preferences->Sync-->Reset-->Reset File Synch History?

Just don't want to pull the trigger in case this does something undesired.

Thanks again,
Doug W.
  • As long as all your data and files are online, all you should need to do is sync. If you can access the files online, they should be available locally after you sync unless you disabled file syncing in the Sync pane of the preferences. Don't use the reset options.

If it's not working, we'd want to see a Debug ID for double-clicking a file locally that's available online and getting an error.
  • Found the problem--there was no real problem. The handful of PDFs I tried calling up were outliers, the vast majority of my PDFs are synced. No harm, no foul.

Thanks again for making such an awesome citation manager. Much grateful. Very impress. Such wow.