Restoring previous library via automatic sync

Hello! I deleted an entire collection from my library by mistake, but had on automatic sync. My web library reflects the library with the deleted collection. I do not have a recent backup. Is there a way to restore a previous version of my library that was auto-synced to the web to get that collection back?

I searched my Zotero Data Directory and was unable to find a prior version on my computer-- when I tried to restore, my desktop library was wiped clean. (Thankfully, I disabled automatic sync before this happened.) I have also tried to "undo," but that option was greyed out. The collection is not in my trash.

Thanks for your help!
  • You should be able to restore from one of the automatic backups that Zotero makes every day.

Note that you likely only deleted the collection itself and still have the items in your library. But the instructions linked above explain how to easily restore a deleted collection.

A future version of Zotero will make it possible to restore deleted collections from the trash.