Byzantine Musical maniscript ("music sheets") reference type

I am a PhD candidate in Byzantine Music. I open this discussion in order to kindly suggest a new type of reference. I hope this effort becomes an occasion to introduce a new type of reference in the Zotero.

All the suggestions regard the Byzantine Music manuscripts. So, if anyone wants to change something do not hesitate to do it.

I believe that each work has to be referred to as follow:

1. rubric
2. library: the library that the manuscript belongs
3. classification number: the classification number of the manuscript
4. starting folio-page: starting folio or starting page of the piece
5. ending folio-page: ending folio or ending page of the piece
6. composition genre: what kind of composition is
7. mode: In which mode the musical piece is written
8. incipit
9. notes
  • 10. date of the part of the manuscript that the piece is written
    11. catalogue: the list to which the manuscript refers
  • The citation style language CSL that Zotero uses for formatting references has a ‘musical_score’ item type. A Zotero item type for this will likely be added in a future version. For now, you can use another type (eg, Book) and add this to Extra:
    Type: musical_score

That will tell Zotero to format the reference as a musical score for styles that support it.
  • Dear bwiernik,
    Thank you for your reply! I will try the alternative solution that you suggest!

However, I believe that this solution is not satisfactory due to the special nature of Byzantine music sources. Specifically, each such source carries information from two different scientific fields: musicological information and philological-historical information.

I understand that it is not possible to create different types for each document type and it would be good to include as many document types as possible in existing types. However, I believe that this case needs a separate type of report.

Τhank you very much for the answer! I really appreciate it!