Library will not synch and some of our files are no longer available

Hello,

Some of our files are now no longer available as attachments, we cannot click on them. I've logged into the app, and it is now giving me this error code/ Report ID: 1475778098, and is not synching.

Thank you!
  • edited August 3, 2021
    Start by updating to 5.0.96.2 if possible. You're still on 5.0.96.1.

If you're getting a sync error, we'd want to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produced the error (as well as what the actual error was).
  • Thank you so much - it is now synching! I think the issue is that some of the files were not stored but linked and now they are gone, and I think most people in our group are using the web version of Zotero. How can I make sure that that does not happen again? I believe everyone is using the "add attachment" feature, so I am not sure what happened. Would you be able to help with that? Thank you so much!
  • Linked files can’t be added to groups at all.
  • Oh! So then I am unsure why it gives me this error for several files:

The attached file could not be found at the following path:

/Users/anaciobanescu/Zotero/storage/7M822C82/Forstall - Population of States and Counties of the United St.pdf

It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or, if the file was added on another computer, it may not yet have been synced to zotero.org.

What can I do to get these files back, if possible? Thank you again!
  • It's exactly what it says in the message.

See the documentation page linked from that dialog for further troubleshooting:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing